FERRIES TO SCOTLAND FROM NORTHERN IRELAND
Choose one of the regular sailings from the major ports of Belfast and Larne and you'll arrive in Cairnryan in Dumfries & Galloway, around 80 miles south of Glasgow. The port enjoys good road, rail and bus links with Glasgow.
For those looking to come on two feet (or even two wheels), there are seasonal passenger ferries from Ballycastle to the beautiful island of Islay and the port at Campbeltown on the Kintyre Peninsula in Argyll.
- Belfast to Cairnryan with Stena Line
- Larne to Cairnryan with P&O Ferries
- Ballycastle to Port Ellen with Kintyre Express - take a passenger ferry to the island of Islay in Argyll. Details of timetable to be announced
- Ballycastle to Campbeltown with Kintyre Express - reach Campbeltown on Argyll's Kintyre Peninsula by passenger ferry
All crossings are between one and two hours, depending on the route and service - so you could even come for a day trip, but we reckon you won't want to leave so soon. Find more routes and ways to travel at Omio.co.uk.
FLIGHTS FROM THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND AND NORTHERN IRELAND TO SCOTLAND
- Belfast International to Edinburgh with EasyJet
- Cork to Edinburgh with Aer Lingus
- Dublin to Edinburgh with Ryanair and Aer Lingus
- Derry to Edinburgh with Ryanair
- Shannon to Edinburgh with Aer Lingus
- Belfast International to Glasgow with EasyJet
- Derry to Glasgow with Loganair
- Cork to Glasgow with Aer Lingus
- Donegal to Glasgow with Loganair
- Dublin to Glasgow with Ryanair and Aer Lingus
- Belfast City to Glasgow with Loganair (Currently unavailable)
- Belfast City to Dundee with Loganair
- Buying a ferry ticket combined with onward rail or coach travel with Stena Line can be cheaper than getting separate tickets for each stage of your journey, and helps to make your travel connections smoother when you get to Scotland.
- Before you depart the ferry, find your next adventure with Stena Line's Inspire Me route planner.
- Scotland's airports and ferry terminals have great links to public transport, as well as taxi and car hire services nearby. Find out more about travelling around Scotland.